9.17.2011

Get ready for some SOCCER!!!

 I know you were probably thinking Football, and in some parts of the world it is called football. Just not here!  So again this year I waited and hoped another would volunteer for banner mom.  To which no one did, so I volunteered again.  I learned a few tricks from last year but also from a high school friend who makes them for her kids. 

I had less time to get the banner done by opening day for several reasons, a holiday weekend, power outage, not meeting the coach or getting the uniforms early.  These did not scare me though.  I got it done the night before our first game and with minimal glue sticks which seemed to double in amount.  Thank You God!  Our team color is Orange and not any orange neon orange.  Monkey can wear this shirt at night and I'm sure we will see him even if we are out in the desert camping.  No reflectors for this kid his shirt will do that.  Our team name Tigers! 
Here is the finished banner.  Oh did you notice that too yes I'm the assistant coach.  It will be interesting.  I'm looking forward to this though.

Because of when our team was finally contacted we were not able to have a practice just for our team. The power outage day was to be our first practice but that didn't happen.  SO we were not sure how the kids would do since none of them have really met or played with each other.  

Wow did they surprise us! They did amazingly well in fact we won our game! Our own bull dog scored too.  I'm so proud of our budding soccer star. 

Monkey running back to our side. 

 Taking his turn at a throw  in. 
Helping our team take the ball to the goal. He's a great attacker.  
 

No comments: