2.20.2011

Happy Valentine's Day

This must mean one thing.  It's Valentine's Day and I made too many cake balls.  I made cake balls for the kids  school teachers.  But I had way too many so I sent them along with an experiment of Thin Mint Brownies with Hubby to work.  I was only going to send the brownies but then he had to work on the Saturday before and he came home with donuts and creme puffs that were left over.  So I sent him with the goods to get back at them. :)  
For dinner that night we had a candle light dinner. Now for those that know about the You Are Special Plates. These red plates are from the same maker!  I got them at Home Goods on a whim.  My friend and I actually made a date to go do girl stuff with out the kids.  So we went shopping. I haven't gone into Home Goods much so  I jumped at the chance.  When we got in the store we just went from isle to isle.  I saw this and make a bee line for them. Checked the back and whoa!  I started grabbing dishes.  I must have looked like a complete nut job to my friend but when I explained she totally got it.  Now I have plates I can use for any holiday that has red in it. To boot red is my all time FAVORITE color.  
I also got this cool cake/dessert plate.  I can change out the ribbon for what ever holiday it might be.  Check back around St. Patrick's Day I bet you'll see the plate again with green trim. :)   I forgot to take pictures of all we did that day.  But I did make a nice breakfast of heart shaped pancakes and we used the red plates too.  I made a really nice dinner of Lasagna rolls and ceasar salad.  We also had ice cream with the above cake I made.  The kids and Hubby got chocolate for Valentine's day.  Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day. 

1 comment:

Christa said...

being that i am a seasoned homegoods manaic myself...i get it. I usually let out audible announcements when i find something worthy...alarming other shoppers (or scaring them...it depends on how you look at it)