8.19.2010

Yosemite has it's own Quarter

Before leaving for Yosemite I looked to see if there was anything fun for the kids and I to do.  We were in luck.  While we were there the newest quarter was going to be released.  It just so happens that the National Mint is doing a series of quarters for the National Parks.  And each kid that went got a new quarter in a cool box.  :)  
 
So the kids and I went and stood in line to get a roll of quarters to share with all their friends and cousins.  We also were there to watch the ceremony.  

We had a guy dressed up like an eagle dressed colonial for people to take pictures with of course my kids didn't want anything to do with that! They saw him and immediately asked "we don't have to take a picture with that do we?"  Though I thought it would be cute I told them no.  
Now I took a picture of the armored truck.  I would have taken a picture of the guys driving the armored truck but I got the feeling it just wouldn't be a good idea.  I wish I could have though, you didn't want to mess with this group.  
Notice the gentleman just to the right of Wiggles.  Well while we were listening to the program he got a little wobbly.  Now some how this guy got in front of us while we were in line.  Not a big deal really at first.  We were just happy to be there.  Well as the morning wore on the temperature rose.  No surprise there right.  Well this guys started swaying and well he passed out.  Not once but twice. Who do you think he almost fell on.  Yes my two little angels standing right next to him.  The man it turned out had only coffee that morning and nothing else.  The heat got to him and even though there were plenty of people to help out and let the guy know he did in fact pass out.  He was so bent on getting his quarters he wouldn't leave with the medics.  I'm 100% serious!  The next day while on the bus that takes you around.  A women the size of the man stood next to the kids who were sitting down.  The kids looked up Just to see who was standing next to them and the lady said " Don't worry I wont fall on you."  Wiggles just looked at me with these eyes of sheer panic.  Then you know who got on the bus.  Yeah this guy.  I've never seen two kids get off the bus quicker when it was our stop.   



1 comment:

Christa said...

love her shoes!!!