8.24.2009

Family Vacation part 1

Our family vacation will be in several parts. So much to share, easier to do in parts.

Okay with that out of the way.....

So this last year has been very trying for our family. Traveling to LA almost every weekend for a couple months, being really busy with family and friends, Papa Monkey getting a new and better job and the biggest trying time the loss of my Dad (might blog on this later). At first with the new job I thought since it just happened we'd have to forgo the vacation this year. But we were able to still keep it on the calendar. So we packed up the trailer and went to Yosemite for some much needed R&R, or at least get away from the civilization for some time to ourselves. We stayed in our usual spot on Friday night at the Walmart parking lot. Noise but got some sleep. I had a picture but have since lost it. Oh well. It's just a parking lot right. The next morning we got up and started our final journey to the Valley.

There is something about Yosemite that once there I just feel like it's okay I can relax and enjoy life. Almost instantly I can relax and let go. Not sure what it is but I wish I could bottle it up and take it with me where ever I go.

We had to wait in a line of I think it was 1 hour to get through the entrance where we pay our money. See how the kids kept busy. Stretching and making faces of course. We had to remind the little monkey's to look out the window and not at their books. G Monkey's stomach was not feeling well. We made it down the hill into the valley. Settled in and just relaxed the first day.
G Monkey making faces. She's getting really good at this.
B Monkey stretching and making a face. Boy was he ready to get out of the car.

This was day one getting into Yosemite. We were there for 7 days.

No comments: