4.25.2008

Parking Lots

I don't like to complain but, I need to vent about this. Today the kids and I met up with my friend and her son at our local Wal-Mart. We met there and amazingly we got there at the same time not knowing when the other had left. We parked in the same isle just not next to each other. Well when I got to my car I couldn't believe what I saw. A tundra truck had parked next to us but this person didn't leave me any room to put my son in his car seat. This guy parked less then a foot away from me. It wasn't a small spot either on the drivers side of his car you could park 1 and half shopping carts between his car and the car next to him. I was so mad. B Monkey was already upset (he's teething 4 teeth). I unloaded our things into the car tried to put B Monkey in was able to squeeze him in but left him there and went to the other side to buckle him in. I ended up having to get in on our passenger side We have a 4Runner so I then had to "walk" across the center console and slip into the drivers seat. I was so hoping the owner of the car would come out so I could talk with them but no such luck. I'm sure it was for the good. I know that when I park my car I always try to make sure that there is room for the other drivers passengers to get into their cars.

I'm curious what would you have done if you'd come out to your car with two kids one crying to find that you couldn't get in to your car because of the way someone parked next to you??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! It also gave me a chance to look at yours. We got a new computer and my RSS reader isn't a web based one. B monkey is so big, he was still a baby last I saw him. I would've been frustrated too. We should get together and catch up, there's much more going on than what's on my blog! :)

Christa said...

I think we should pose this question to an expert. Kevin. KEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVIN WHEEEEEERE ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRE YOOOOOOOOOU? Robin has a question for you." I don't think I need to draw a picture here but if it were Ali..he would get into the car and then send me back into WalMart to bring him lunch and then we would hang out til' this marvel of a park job showed up. If it were me I might be tempted to write him a note...say in LIPSTICK ON HIS WINDSHIELD. I think that the right thing though might have been to simply leave a note in kind saying "Please try to be aware of your surroundings - you left me less than 6 inches to get in and out of my car. I am an off duty traffic cop and have taken the courtesy of writing down your license plate...see YOU SOON!"
I'm just spit balling here...work with me...what are your thoughts.

Kevin & Karen O'Dell said...

Yeah I never will understand why people do that. I probably would have done the same thing as you did. Kevin ... he always parks waaay in the back because of people like that. yes, we should plan a camping trip together. when you guys go to pismo do you camp on the beach ??