5.19.2011

Spring Break Fun!

This year Wiggles Spring Break was late compared to all her friends.  She had the week after Easter off this year.  Poor Monkey didn't get a spring break, so we just pulled him out two of the three days he goes.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the kids this year because Monkey had school so I didn't tell either of them what the plan was.  Remember I didn't really have a plan.  We had some Doctor's appointments and I had a meeting during the week so I figured we'd just try to do some fun things at our house. Well that's no fun.  So the Monday after Easter I pulled Monkey and we went down to Sea World.  
 I was having the kids take pictures and then I think a guy felt bad and offered to take our picture.  So we were all able to be in a picture together.  Very rare when it's just the three of us. 
 Wiggles wanted a picture with the penguin so I humored her and got one.  Monkey wanted nothing to do with the guy/gal in the penguin suit. 
 He was all over standing behind the penguin stand and sticking his head through though. 
 So we went to see the polar bears, and other arctic animals and they had this sign up.  I couldn't resist having Wiggles stand under the sign. After all I figured if any of our Canadian family members saw my post they'd appreciate it. 
 We managed to go on some rides, I know Wiggles looks concerned but just so you know She picked the ride.  It's like the tea cups only it's Sesame Street Character ride.  
We went to see all the shows at Sea World and the kids had a blast, see they are happy. 
We saw lots of animals that day see: 
Polar bear much more active then at the zoo.  
Dolphins
Pilot whale 
Sea Turtles 
And of course the Killer Whale show.  
I must say though the Killer Whale (Shamu show) isn't has fun now.  Last year one of the whales killed one of the handlers and so they have not let the trainers back in the water with them. So the trainers have to stand outside the water and direct from the sides.  Even after the show the trainers stand behind a metal barrier to feed the whales and pet them.  Its so sad to watch.  I understand the reasoning behind it but it is oh so sad for all involved.

     

2 comments:

Murry said...

i've been wanting to take the girls there...looks like a great time!

Christa said...

p.s. wiggles is faaaaaaaaar too under dressed for winnipeg...I speak from experience. You basically want to wear all of your cloths at once and then just alternate which outfit is on the outside - This eliminates any real need for luggage and ensures you don't freeze to death. True story. Doubt me? Visit Winnipeg.