3.12.2011

What it's Pajama Day???

So Friday was Pajama Day at Preschool, only we didn't know it because we don't have preschool on Thursday.  So we showed up to school dropped off Wiggles in her class. There it was pay a dollar so you can have free dress.  So when we walked in to her classroom on her side of the school you saw all these kids putting dollars, or quarters on their desks.  It was part fundraiser for the animal shelter, though I mentioned to another parent that they should do it as a fundraiser for the school.  The kids were all excited to pay a dollar not to wear their uniforms.  So Wiggles is off with all her friends and I go to take Monkey to his class on the other side of the school. We pass one classroom and I saw a teacher wearing what I thought were pj's and thought wow she's getting away with that huh?  We make it down to Monkey's room and I notice a note attached to the sign in sheet. Don't forget Friday March 11, 2010 is Pajama Day, blah blah blah.  So then I have to explain to Monkey it's Pajama Day, sorry I didn't know.  All the way back to the playground Monkey is going on and on about it being Pajama Day, and he's not wearing his.  He even asked if the school had extra pajama's so he could participate.  I told him no they don't but of course he didn't understand that and even thought it weird they didn't have extras.  So I handed him off to his teacher who apologizes for us not knowing about pj day. That didn't really help the poor kid who was the only one not wearing  pj's.

So what is a Mom to do?  Drive back home quickly (yes I'm sure I broke speed laws) grab his pj's and drive back to school to change him.  Mind you out of the blue Monkey asked to wear his pj's to school this day but I told him he couldn't it wasn't pj day.  Oh the irony....  The secretary even thought it funny when I had to sign in to change him in to his pj's. I told her I didn't realize preschool had a theme day and she mentioned how when they had sent the reminder to the day school about free dress rules they didn't mention the preschool theme funny huh.  Yup totally funny NOT!  So I went and got Monkey out of class and put him in his pj's. He was so happy after he changed.  Totally different kid.  So I'm sure you wondering what he wore for pj's huh.  Well his absolute favorite pj's until he got home that day to find a new pair of LEGO Star War's pj's on his bed. :)  Complete with Darth Vader on them.

No comments: