12.23.2010

Christmas Lights

I know it's hard to tell but we do have lights on our house. Wiggles loves to decorate.  She especially loves decorating for the seasons or specific holidays.  So We decided to put lights on the house this year.  I was able with the use of my 4 Runner (cough, cough don't try this) put the lights on the house myself.  It was just me a ladder and the 4Runner.  I only used the car for one part that I could not reach with just the ladder.  I didn't crawl on the roof to finish either.  Which Daddy was very happy I didn't do, he wasn't happy I used the car as a ladder either.  Hey I'm short and impatient to wait for a taller husband to come home.  I like to think I  was creative when putting on the house lights. 

Anyways after Monkey's performance, we went out to dinner and then on to a local community that has the neighborhood light up their homes.  Here we are walking around looking at all the houses.  

One of my favorites the family recreates the scene from the movie A Christmas Story where the kid sticks his on the flag pole. You can't see it but they have the lamp in the window too. :)
This was a new one this year, and brought tears to my eyes. With lots of friends in the military totally got it. 
We saw a dragon who wanted to wish us a Merry Christmas. 
The three pictures above are two of our favorite houses.  They have trains in their front yards.  If I'd let them the three of them would have stayed there all night long.  
Monkey loves Curious George. So much he got so excited and squealed when he saw this house. 
 Of course we had to take this picture seeing as how it's Star Wars. 
This has become a family tradition now to go over this neighborhood and walk around and see all the houses decorated with lights.  Maybe next year you can come along. 

No comments: