9.12.2009

Day of Firsts for both Monkey's

Well today was the day of firsts. G Monkey going to big kid school finally, B Monkey starting AWANA, and Mommy realizing her kids are growing up way too fast.

We started out with G Monkey. Her first day of Kindergarten. Can it be, really she's ready, she's old enough. Okay she's going. Weather I'm ready or not. There weren't many tears I held them in so she wouldn't start. G Monkey got up herself and wanted a good breakfast that would hold her over. Breakfast Burrito, which was good cause I didn't want her having a sugary cereal the first day. Best foot forward the first day.
She picked out what uniform combo to wear, and walla she's ready to go. Backpack in had and off we go. B Monkey was happy she was going, when I said we need to go pick up G Monkey he said NO I don't want too. Well looks like the love hate relationship is still going strong. Really I think he just likes having Mommy to himself. Such the Mama's boy (I'm working on this for the sake of his future wife, really I am)....

We got G Monkey to school on time and took her into her class, we got her all settled in and then they had to line up for pledges and chapel.
Once done with that B Monkey and I were off to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast with friends.
Once done we went of a few errands and then back to pick up G Monkey. She had a great day. Over all the first week of school was great. G Monkey did cry on Friday but I think part of that was that 3 other kids were and the week was starting to catch up with her.

No comments: